A WORD & SPIRIT CHURCH
We believe the Bible is God speaking to us, the Christian. We believe the Bible is always true and the final authority! We believe we are not to be like the world, but are to be Christ like.
We believe God loves every person, which is why Jesus came. Many people know John 3:16; God so loved the world that He sent His son. But few know that John chapter 3, is talking about being born again. To have what God has for us, we must be born again.
Once we are truly born again, we are now Christians (Disciples). As Christians saved by the blood sacrifice, of Jesus; we are to live a clean and sin free lifestyle. When we do mess up, we are to repent for our mistake.
Repentance is more than just asking for forgiveness. Repentance is also making the heart decision to not do that wrong thing again. Repentance is uscommitting to change the direction we are going. God forgives us when we repent.
We believe the words of Jesus. He said in John 10:10 "The thief (Satan) cometh not, but to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
We believe that we get to take part in the abundant life through Jesus, right now. We believe healing, health, and good long life belong to us now. We believe prosperity (a good provision) in every area of life belongs to us now. We believe the promises of God are for us today.
1. The Bible: We believe the Bible (the Old and New Testament) is the inspired Word of God. It tells us of God’s covenant (contract) with mankind. It is the living, infallible, and everlasting rule of faith and conduct, and is superior to conscience and reason. All doctrine and correction within the church are established and carried out in the Bible.
(1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:15-17; Hebrews 4:12; 1 Peter 1:23-25)
2. Love: We believe that love is the most important attribute of Christian faith. We love those who oppose us as well as one another. Love is the character of God, and is more important than any gift, sign, or miracle in the Christian life.
(Mark 12:28-31; 1 Corinthians 13; 1 John 4:7-12)
3. The Trinity of the Godhead: We believe in the Trinity Godhead. Which is one God manifested in three separate and distinct persons. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit, with all being co-equal and co-eternal.
(Matthew 3:16-17, 28:18-20; John 1:1-14, 14:7-11; Philippians 2:6; Revelation 5:1-14)
a. The Deity of Christ: Jesus is God manifested in the flesh. He is the second member of the Godhead, co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and the Holy Spirit. He was like us in all ways, except one. As He was tempted in all ways; but He by choice never sinned.
(Isaiah 9:6-7; Matthew 4:1-11; Hebrews 2:11; John 5:22-23, 8:54-58, 10:30)
b. The Virgin Birth: We believe that our Lord and Savior was conceived by the Holy Spirit; and born of the Virgin Mary.
(Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:18-23)
4. Christ Died for our sins: Christ Jesus was sacrificed and died on the cross; so that we might live. Jesus willing offered Himself up, as the perfect sacrifice; to pay for all the sins of man, for the salvation of all mankind.
(John 3:16-17; Romans 5:6-10; 1 Thessalonians 5:9-10)
a. The Bodily Resurrection and Ascension of Christ: Christ is the risen Savior. He arose from the dead, ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the Fathers right hand.
(Romans 8:31-35; Acts 1:8-11)
b. The Return of Jesus Christ for the Saints: We believe that Jesus will descend from heaven into the clouds of earth. Christians who are buried will be raised from the dead and given immortal bodies. They will ascend to meet the Lord in the air. Christians that are alive will be changed from mortal to immortal and ascent to meet the Lord in the air.
(1 Corinthians 15:42-45, 51-52; 1 Thessalonians 4:15-18)
c. The Millennial Reign of Christ on Earth: We believe after the tribulation period; Jesus will return to reign on earth for one thousand years. The saints will return with Christ and rule with Him. During this thousand years Satan will be bound and not able to deceive the people on earth.
(2 Thessalonians 1:7; Revelation 19-11-16; 20:1-6; 21)
5. The Fall of Man We believe man was created good and upright, and in the image for God. But man; by voluntary transgression, fell and his only hope redemption is in Jesus Christ the Son of God.
(Genesis 1:26-31, 3:17; Romans 5:12-21)
6. Salvation: We believe that you receive eternal life with God, by believing that Jesus Christ died, shed His blood on your behalf, and rose again from the dead. You affirm your faith in this fact by praying to our Father God in Jesus’ name, and pledging to serve Jesus Christ as Lord and King of your life. God’s salvation extends to all the human race regardless of skin color or nationality.
(John 3:16; Romans 10:8-10; Ephesians 2:8)
a. The Evidences of Salvation. We believe that there is an inward evidence to the believer of his/her salvation, the direct witness of the Spirit. There is also an outward evidence to all men, which is a life of righteousness and true holiness. “You will know them by their fruits.”
(Matthew 7:16-20, Romans 8:16; I John 3:18-19, 24)
7. Faith Is Expressed with Action: We believe that proclaimed faith in Christ without a corresponding Christian lifestyle is futile and self-deceptive. True faith must be professed in word and demonstrated in actions. When you are born again, you immediately begin to put off the old life and put on the new day by day.
(Mathew 7:13-27; James 2:14-26; Romans 6 &12:2; Ephesians 5:1-1; 2 Peter 1:4-10)
a. Faith and Works: Salvation is by faith in Jesus Christ and not by human works; however, our works will determine the rewards in eternity.
(2 Corinthians 5:10; Ephesians 2:8-10; Galatians 2:16)
8. Forgiveness of Sin for Christians: We believe that once you are born again and commit sin that you can be forgiven. You must forgive all those who have wronged you, in order for God to forgive you. You must confess your sin to God and turn away from it, fully intent on not committing the sin again.
(Mark 11:25-26; 1 John 1:9)
a. All Believers have dominion over Satan, sin and self: All Believers’ have power over all the power of the of the enemy and should live a sin-free lifestyle that represents the life of Christ. Sin has no more dominion over the Believer. Believers’ are in Christ; therefore, they are victorious overcomers and more than conquers in this life through Jesus Christ!
(Matthew 1:21; 10:7-8, Luke 10:19, Romans 6:9 &14, 8:3; Ephesians 1:19-23, 1 John 4:4, 5:4)
9. Water Baptism: We believe in water baptism, by immersion. Water baptism is an outward expression of the inward work that took place in your heart, when you were born again. Being buried in water symbolizes dying to your old life, coming up out of the water symbolizes being born again to live a new Christian life.
(Matthew 3:13-17, 28:19; Acts 2:38, 8:35-38, 10:47-48; Romans 6:4)
10. Holy Spirit Baptism: We believe that Baptism in the Holy Spirit is for every Christian today. Christians were baptized in water and with the Holy Spirit in the Bible. If water baptism is still for today, then Holy Spirit baptism is still for today. Those filled with the Holy Spirit in the Bible spoke with other tongues. A person who is baptized with the Holy Spirit today will speak with other tongues. This experience is received subsequent to salvation. This baptism comes with the endowment of power for life and service in ministry.
(Matthew 3:11; Luke 24:49; Acts 1:4-8, Acts 2:1-18, 38, 10:44-46
11. The Gifts of the Holy Spirit: We believe that the gifts of the Spirit are supernatural endowments of God to bring blessing and revelation to the church. These gifts are accompanied with miracles, signs, and wonders. Each Spirit-filled believer can experience these gifts in their life.
(1 Corinthians 12:1-11)
12. Divine Healing: We believe that God provided divine healing and health in the atoning work of Christ. Sickness is not from God; it came into the earth through man’s disobedience to God. Satan is the author of all sickness and death. Jesus came to free the human race from sickness and give eternal life. The laying on of hands, anointing with oil, and the gifts of the Spirit are ways divine healing is administered in the church.
(Genesis 3:1-24; Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; Luke 13:10-16; Acts 10:38; 1 Peter 2:24)
13. The Confession of God’s Word: We believe that the confession of God’s Word is a integral part of Christianity. The confession of God’s Word is not to make God do anything for you. All things of God already belong to the Christian, but you must obtain them by faith. Confession is to get you in faith and keep you in faith until manifestation comes. Confession is for your benefit not God’s.
(Matthew 21:21; Mark 11:23, 5:25-34; 2 Corinthians 15:42-55; Romans 10:17; Hebrew 11:3)
14. The Reality of Hell: We believe those who physically die without Jesus Christ as their Lord spend forever in the lake of fire being tormented day and night. Hell was made for Satan and the fallen angels, but all people who choose to follow Satan will go to the lake of fire with him.
(Matthew 5:22-30; Luke 16:19-24; 2 Peter 2:4; Revelation 19:20; 20:10-15)
15. Doctrine and the Lord’s Supper: We believe in all of the doctrines of Christ which include repentance from dead works, faith in God, baptisms, laying on of hands, resurrection from the dead and eternal judgement. We also believe in partaking of the Lords supper as Jesus instructed at the Passover fest with his Disciples. In this partaking, we take the time to fellowship with the Godhead, as we remember all that Christ obtained for us and judge ourselves.
(Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:24-25,28; Hebrews 6:1-2)
16. Giving Financially: We believe that the church is to be supported with tithes and offerings. Each week, Christian church members tithe one tenth of their income toward the support of the church because of their love for God. Christians are also instructed to give offerings to the Lord for the building of the church and the Kingdom of God throughout the world. Tithes and offerings to God have been carried out since the beginning. Giving tithes and offerings places you in a position to reap financial blessings. It is called sowing and reaping in the Bible. A farmer only reaps what he plants. We believe in sowing into Biblical ministries that are reaching the world for Christ.
(Genesis 4:3-5, 8:20-22, 14:18-20, 28:20-22; Malachi 3:7-10; Luke 6:38; 2 Corinthians 9:6-11)
17. Total Prosperity: We believe that God wants and has provided for all to prosper (have in abundant supply) in every area of life:
a. Spiritual – 2 Corinthians 5:17-21; 3 John 2
b. Mental – Isaiah 26:3; Romans 12:2; 2 Timothy 1:7
c. Physical – Isaiah 53:4,5; Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24
d. Financial – Deuteronomy 28:1-14; Malachi 3:10-11; Luke 6:38; 2 Corinthians 9:6-15
e. Social – Esther 2:15; Proverbs 3:4; Luke 2:52
18. Marriage and the Institution of the Home: Marriage is between a man and a woman only. God Himself created and instituted marriage as the holy union between one man and one woman, according to the Holy Scriptures. No other form of union is acceptable in the eyes of God or by this Church/Corporation. “But from the start of the world God made people male and female. This is the reason that man leaves his father and his mother. Then God joins him and his wife together. Then man and his wife become as one person. They are not separate, they are together as one person. God has put them together to be husband and wife. So nobody should make them separate” (Mark 10:6-9 EasyEnglish)
(Genesis 2:18-25; Proverbs 5:18-19; 1 Corinthians 7:1-16)
a. Children: Children are a heritage from the Lord. The life of every child begins in the womb at conception. This is when God begins to knit the human body and spirit together. Creating the child in His image. He creates them as male or female in accordance to their bodies. They are to be brought up scripturally. Trained and taught the basic rudimentaries of the life and Christian living
(Genesis 1:27; Psalm 127:3, 139:13&16; Proverbs 22:6; Jeremiah 1:5)
19. Marriage and Sexual Relations: The Church shall not sanction or conduct any marriage between persons of the same gender. God instituted monogamous marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family, the basic structure of human society.
a. Gods command about sex: God has commanded that no intimate sexual activity be engaged in other than in the context of marriage; between a man and a woman, whom are married to each other.
(Genesis 19:5, 26:8-11; Leviticus 18:1-30; Romans 1:26-29; 1 Corinthians 5:1, 6:9; I Thessalonians 4:1-8; Hebrews 13:4)
b. Sex is for marriage: God created sex for the marriage, for this reason, homosexuality, and all other “sexual preferences” or “orientations” are unnatural, sinful, and unacceptable to God.
(1 Corinthians 6:9-11; 1 Timothy 1:9-11).
c. Other Sexual Perversions and Homosexuality: Any form of adultery, fornication, pornography usage, homosexuality, lesbianism, bisexuality, bestiality, incest and pedophilia are sinful perversions of God’s gift of sex, between a man and a woman in marriage. All are sin, detestable to God, and inconsistent with the Christian life.
(Leviticus 18:22, 20:13; Romans 1:24-27; 1 Corinthians 6:9-10; Galatians 5:19-21)
20. Pastoral Leadership: Jesus said that the people fainted and were scattered abroad as sheep having no shepherd. Pastors are referred to in the Bible as shepherds. Pastors are to lead the people into successful Christian life. This is God’s authority in the Bible. God used individuals such as Abraham, Joseph, Moses, David, Jesus, Peter, James, John, Paul, Timothy, etc. to lead His people. We believe the pastor is the leader of the local church, who seeks the Lord for the direction of the church. He/She shares this direction with the people through Biblical preaching and teaching. As the expressed authority of God to the local church, it is imperative that the pastor(s) lead the people, as God leads. In this responsibility there should be no compromise.
(Matthew 9:36; Acts 20:28; Ephesians 4:11-13; Hebrews 13:17; 1 Timothy 4:12, 5:17; Titus 1:5-11)
21. Ministry of Helps: We believe that each person in the body has a special ministry to fulfill. When each person flows in their ministry, the church run as one anointed operation to meet the needs of the people. The ministry of helps allows the pastor/minister to be in position to spend more time in prayer and the ministry of the Word. We believe every church should assist each Christian in finding their place and fulfilling their ministry with joy.
(Numbers 11:16-17; 1 Corinthians 12:28; Acts 6:1-7; Luke 10:1-2)
22. Five-Fold Ministry Offices: We believe that the Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor and Teacher are ministry offices that that are still in operation today. No single ministry office is superior to the others. They are all equal and necessary in the Body of Christ. They are for the perfecting of the saints and are supernatural endowed with gifts of the Spirit. The church will never mature until all these offices are in their place and impart anointings and revelations to the church world.
(Ephesians 4:7-16; 1 Corinthians Chapter 12)
23. Ministers Dress and Appearance: Men and women should dress to respect God and the office they are called to. They are to Respect and Reverence their office of Ministry. Men should dress dignified in the pulpit, appropriate to respectable, dignified dress of the country they reside in. Listen to the Spirit of God. He will lead you into a disciplined lifestyle. Women should dress modestly and not wear clothes that are revealing in any way. The Rock Star/ Stripper mentality has no place in the Kingdom of God. Tattoos, body piercing and weird hairstyles are the way of the world and are to be avoided. The Bible teaches ministers should be dignified and disciplined in dress, appearance and conduct.
(1 Timothy 3:1-7 Amp.; James 3:1; Exodus 28:2, 29:29, 31:10, 35:10; Proverbs 7:1-23; Deuteronomy 14:1; 1 Kings 18:28; Leviticus 19:28, 21:5; Revelation 13:16, 17:5,19:2)
All Scripture is given by inspiration of God,
2 Timothy 3:15